March is a time for celebrating the arrival of spring and all the fun that comes with it: St. Patrick’s Day, Holi, March Madness, and even…National Cocktail Day. If you need St. Patrick’s Day party ideas for adults, these 3 festive and delicious March cocktails are the perfect addition to your menu. From a twist on a classic Harvey Wallbanger to a refreshing and fruity spritzer, these drinks are sure to be a hit with everyone. So shake (or stir) things up this March and give these tasty concoctions a try!
#1 The Screaming Oscar-gasm
The Academy Awards reward the world’s best actors with the highest honors Hollywood can bestow. Film buffs and armchair critics alike will gather to cheer and jeer as their picks are validated and rebuffed.
If you’re looking to have the second-best Oscar party (second only to the one at the Dolby Theater), you’ll need some delicious drinks to get things started. Cool tempers when everyone’s favorite actor is passed over for the Leading Role award with this twist on a Screaming Orgasm.
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Frozen Vodka Cranberry & Grapefruit Cocktail Pop
- ½ ounce coffee liqueur
- ½ ounce Amaretto
- 4 ounces soy milk
Paying homage to all that hard work actors put in to maintain their figures, this cocktail recipe replaces heavy cream and milk with the lighter soy alternative. Here’s how to whip it into shape:
- Mix up the liqueurs and soy milk in a cocktail shaker until they’re frothy and incorporated
- Break the frozen cocktail pop into chunks and place them into a tall Collins glass to be used as a replacement to fresh ice cubes
- Pour the cocktail over the top slowly to maintain the frothy texture
If you want to make it fit for stardom, dust the top with some cocoa powder for the ultimate garnish.
#2 The Holi Wallbanger
Falling around the first week of March, Holi is the Indian holiday notorious for its colorful panache and public paint fights.1
During this time, people flood the streets with their cornstarch-based ballistics dyed every hue of the rainbow. They gleefully pelt each other until they’re covered in color from head to toe.
To honor this vibrant festival and the distinctly spiced and sweet notes of Indian cuisine, we’ve mixed up a play on the Harvey Wallbanger that’s sure to satisfy your paint-plastered posse.
You’ll need the following:
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Pop
- 1 ounce Mahua liqueur
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange bitters and a single cherry and orange slice for garnish
This variation nixes the Italian Galliano in favor of the traditional Indian liqueur Mahua. Mahua’s floral, spicy notes complement the sourness and sweetness of the citrus (though feel free to stick with the classic version of this spirit, which proves hard to source).
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine your ingredients including the vodka ice pops in a cocktail shaker
- Agitate until you’ve reached a slushy yet smooth consistency (similar to a mango lassi)
- Serve in a hurricane glass with sliced cherry and orange adorning the rim, and add a dash of orange bitters on top
The melty, orangey glow of citrus plays gorgeously against the cherry’s rouge hue, making this cocktail as vivid as its namesake holiday.
#3 The “Slushed-Not-Sloshed” Spring Spritzer
If you want a frozen drink to help you relish the year’s first warm, sunny rays—but don’t want a heavy alcohol-sugar bomb akin to the traditional frozen margarita—this is the cocktail for you.
A spritzer refers to a mixture of white wine, carbonated water, and any number of other ingredients,2 and is one of the best spring break drinks you can whip up. We’re going with a rum base for this beverage and using seasonal fruity top notes to liven up the party.
You’ll need the following for this cocktail recipe:
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Frozen Rum Pineapple Daiquiri Cocktail Pops
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Frozen Rum Coconut & Lime Daiquiri Cocktail Pops
- 12 ounces of dry, less sweet white wine like Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- A handful of seasonal fruits, such as blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries
- Enough soda water to top everyone off
Spritzers are best enjoyed with company, so this recipe makes a blenderful. Gather your gang and create it like so:
- Combine all the ingredients, except the soda water, in the carafe of a blender. (We don’t want any fizzy overflows).
- Blend on medium-high until you’ve reached a slushy consistency
- Fill up 4 cups about ¾ of the way, then top the rest off with soda water
- Stir gently and serve
This icy treat perfectly balances the dry notes of wine against the tartness of the berries and SLIQ’s signature rum ice pops. It’s sure to be a hit with your friends this spring break, whether you’re spending it in classic Cancún or your best bud’s backyard.
Make Your March an Ice One with SLIQ
If you want to serve up the coolest drinks at your March social events, reach for SLIQ’s signature frozen cocktail pops to give your beverages some backbone. Our pops run the gamut of the spirit rainbow—vodka, rum, whiskey, and types of agave-based blends—to craft the perfect cocktail for every palate.
Whether you’re craving that sweet-and-sour sensation of a margarita or the complex aromatics of whiskey and ginger, our sensational iced treats can be savored on their own or in your next creation for unparalleled flavor and a delicious foray into spring.