Summer is not always here for a long time, but it is here for a good time. While the weather is still warm and the beach is still a go-to destination, let’s raise a glass to sunshine with a few rum-infused cocktails.
Whether you’re trying to beat the heat or just have a craving for something sweet, we’ve got a few ideas to help quench your thirst. Kick off your flip-flops and sit back while we prepare an online tasting of sorts, so you can sample the sunkissed flavors of the summer. All you’ll need? A rum-stocked bar and an appetite for some homemade creations.
Here are the best summer rum cocktails you can make right at home with our rum ice pops.
#1 Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Searching for a classic summer rum cocktail? Strawberry daiquiris are an age-old favorite that always seem to be a hit, whether you’re by the pool, lake, ocean, or just finding some shade under the umbrella on your patio.
If your summer garden is bursting with basil, add a small twist to the standard cocktail recipe by mixing in a few flavorful basil leaves. Break out those blenders, peek into your freezer, and let’s get started.
Here’s how to make your very own strawberry basil frozen daiquiri:1
- Start by making your own basil-infused simple syrup. Boil water, sugar, and basil in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the basil leaves and store the syrup in a container until you’re ready to use it.
- Blend together:
- 2 ounces of triple sec
- 1 SLIQ Strawberry Daiquiri ice pop
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 2 cups of ice cubes or crushed ice
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- A spoonful of basil simple syrup
- Garnish with strawberries and basil or just start sipping as soon as it hits your cocktail glass.
#2 Cranberry-Pineapple Juice Mojito
Another one of the most popular rum drinks is a mojito—muddled to perfection. Keep things old-school with just lime and mint or add a twist of tartness with some cranberry juice. Assemble your bar tools, your favorite cocktail glasses, and get ready to introduce a new flavor into your collection of summer sippers.
- Gather some garden-fresh mint either from your backyard or a local market.
- Muddle to release all the tangy and sweet flavors of:
- About 10 mint leaves
- ½ ounce of agave nectar
- ½ of a fresh lime
- 1 SLIQ Pineapple Daiquiri ice pop
- Add a full cup of ice and shake. Then pour your creation into a highball glass with a splash of cranberry juice. Enjoy it as is or top it off with a splash of seltzer for fizz. You can even garnish your creation with a pineapple slice or maraschino cherry!
#3 Barbadian Rum Punch
Spice up your summer with an innovative take on the always-popular rum punch. This drink recipe comes straight from the Caribbean along with its rich history of bold rums and punches dating back to the colonial era. Note that, if you’re wondering “how is rum made,” and would like to learn a little more about the history behind rum, we’ve written another article all about this!
This Barbadian rum punch recipe is best enjoyed when shared, so be sure you have a container large enough to hold all of the flavors and several servings for you and your guests. Go ahead and mix it in whatever jar or beverage dispenser you have available as you follow along here:3
- Combine all the main ingredients into one giant, delicious container:
- 1 SLIQ Pineapple Daiquiri ice pop
- ½ cup of simple syrup
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 4 cups of water
- 8 dashes of bitters
- Orange or lime wedges (or both!)
- The secret ingredient? Freshly grated nutmeg. Season to your liking and let the punch sit for a few hours or even overnight for the best flavor.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and another sprinkle of nutmeg, and toast glasses with a friend!
#4 Curtain Call
The spotlight is on this refreshing rum drink. For our grand finale, we have a cocktail that combines rum, Campari, champagne, and a few other ingredients for a libation that is truly unique.
Grab a glass and a good book—or a few of your favorite rum aficionados—and follow along. Lights, camera, action:4
- Start off by muddling a few basil leaves with a lemon wedge and one SLIQ Coconut & Lime Daiquiri ice pop.
- Next, add simple syrup, Campari, and ice, then give it a good shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain and serve in a martini or coupe glass after you top it off with a splash of champagne.
Cool Off With SLIQ Spirited Ice Pops
Looking for more ways to fall in love with rum? Try it as a key, premium ingredient in SLIQ Spirited Ice Pops—all on their own, no muddling, shaking, stirring, or blending necessary. They’re a tasty heat-beating treat for summer but also deliciously hard to resist no matter the season. Store these alcoholic ice pops in your freezer for a fun time or for whenever you’re in the mood for something scrumptious.
You can find them in an assortment of daiquiri flavors including strawberry, pineapple, and coconut & lime. And if vodka or agave spirit is more up your alley, we’ve got that too. Pick your preferred pop and find SLIQ near you today.
- Cake ‘n Knife. Strawberry Basil Frozen Daiquiris. https://www.cakenknife.com/strawberry-basil-frozen-daiquiris/
- Forbes. 10 Superb Rum Cocktails To Enjoy All Summer Long. https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaalindahao/2021/06/28/best-rum-cocktails-for-summer-2021/?sh=5ae271fd610e
- Vine Pair. Shannon Mustipher’s Barbadian Rum Punch Recipe. https://vinepair.com/cocktail-recipe/the-barbadian-rum-punch-recipe-2/?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social
- Pinterest. The Curtain Call Cocktail. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/the-curtain-call-cocktail–165014773836840650/