The first days of summer are a delight as you lounge under a tree by the lake or soak up the sun during a mid-morning picnic. There’s something about the season that makes you want to savor the moment, whether it’s hosting a small get-together for the neighbors, enjoying some quiet time under the stars, or throwing the backyard bash of the year.
But as the days drag on and the dog days come, the sweltering sun can become endless and unchanging. If you’re left wondering what day of the week it is, there’s nothing like the cool touch of an iced summer cocktail to your lips to get you out of the funk.
Keep reading for some easy-to-make summer vodka drinks to get you inspired. We’ll cover the basic ingredients and directions, then share ideas for how to add your own twist.
#1 Hard Lemonade on Ice for Your Backyard BBQ
Turn that casual cookout into an upscale affair by infusing your lemonade with smooth, polished 7X distilled vodka—and make it a slush for an extra tasty treat. But before you can pour your delectable mixture into a crystal clear highball glass, you’ve got to make it first. Start with the following ingredients:1
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Lemonade Pops
- Fresh ice cubes
Grab and blender and a saucepan to tackle these next steps:
- Simmer and cool – Combine the sugar and water in a small pan on the stove. Bring it to a simmer, and then let the mixture cool. Pro tip: to skip this step, use 3oz of simple syrup as your sugar water replacement.
- Blend it together – Throw your frozen cocktail pops into the blender along with the lemon juice. Add ice cubes and sugar water (or simple syrup) to your desired consistency and taste. Blend it together and serve. Garnish with a lemon rind and a sugar rim for a touch of sweetness. Pro tip: replace the lemon juice with lime juice for a lemon-lime summer vodka cocktail that’s sure to be refreshing.
Make it Blue
If you’re looking for a fusion of fruity flavors and a bold pop of color, switch out your lemonade pops for the SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Blue Raspberry Pops instead. Add in 1-2 tablespoons of blue raspberry syrup to finish it off.2
#2 Keep it Sharp with a Summery Screwdriver
Put an innovative spin on a classic screwdriver by adding some much-needed tartness. Swap out the traditional orange-flavored base with a grapefruit variation to impress even the toughest cocktail critics.
Start by gathering the following ingredients:3
- 1 or 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Cranberry & Grapefruit Pops
- ½ grapefruit
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Fresh ice cubes
Then, put your mixology skills to the test:
- Juice, juice, juice – The first step is to make the grapefruit juice itself. To do so, grab your blender and fill it with the grapefruit, water, and sugar. Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until you’ve reached your desired consistency. If you don’t like pulp, strain it out.4
- Keep it shaking – Put your SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Pops into a cocktail shaker and add the grapefruit juice. You may not need to use all of your juice—just enough to please your palette. Shake it well.
- Assemble your drink – Grab a highball glass, add some ice cubes, and pour in your mixture. Finish it off with a thin slice of grapefruit to hug the lip of the glass.
Fizz It Up
Rather than use only grapefruit juice in your shaker, go half and half with grapefruit juice and club soda for even more freshness.5 This is the perfect way to satisfy your craving for tartness without settling for something too sweet.
#3 Coast by with a Cape Cod Cocktail
A dream beach getaway isn’t complete without a drink to match. What better cocktail to have in your hand while you sit under an umbrella enjoying the breeze than the elegant Cape Cod Cocktail?
To create this stunning dark red vodka cocktail, gather the following ingredients:6
- ½ oz black cherry liqueur
- 1-2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Cranberry & Grapefruit Pops
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- Fresh ice cubes, if necessary
If you left your shaker at home, you’re in luck. All you need is a Collins glass to put this drink together. Start with your SLIQ frozen cocktail pops, then add a dash of cranberry juice and black cherry liqueur. Stir the frozen pops around to combine them with other ingredients. Thanks to the pops, this sipper is cold as is. Feel free to add an ice cube or two, if desired. Be sure to check out our other easy beach cocktails and be transported to paradise.
SLIQ: Elevated Ingredients to Take You to the Next Level
Don’t miss out on the warm weather. For your next daytime outing, weekend getaway, or annual summer trip, grab a handful of SLIQ frozen cocktail pops to fuel your day.
But even as summer fades to fall, there’s no reason to put an end to the fun. SLIQ frozen cocktail pops are the perfect accompaniment to any season.
Be sure to try our other premium liquor offerings, as well, such as our 100% Blue Agave Margarita Pops in classic, mango, and strawberry flavors, or our Caribbean White Rum Daiquiri Pops in coconut & lime, pineapple, and strawberry flavors.
Get a taste of our high-quality ingredients, and you won’t go back. SLIQ might just be the flavor you’re missing.
- Baking Mischief. Homemade Hard Lemonade for Two. https://bakingmischief.com/hard-lemonade-for-two/
- Salt and Baker. Blue Raspberry Lemonade. https://saltandbaker.com/blue-raspberry-lemonade/
- Mix that Drink. Screwdriver Drink Recipe. https://mixthatdrink.com/screwdriver/
- Savory Thoughts. Haitian Grapefruit Juice Recipe. https://www.savorythoughts.com/grapefruit-juice-recipe/
- My Crazy Good Life. Sparkling Screwdriver Recipe. https://mycrazygoodlife.com/sparkling-screwdriver-recipe/
- Wine Enthusiast. The Cape Cod Cocktail. https://www.winemag.com/gallery/10-summer-vodka-cocktails/#gallery-carousel-2