Ah, a staycation. The thermostat’s set to a balmy 76. A colorful Hawaiian shirt drapes over your finest pajamas. There’s time, at last, to stream every episode of your favorite TV show—twice. All you need to make the most of your chilled-out vibe?
A beverage that’s frosty, fruity, and a little bit boozy.
Enter the frozen fruit cocktails of your day-drinking dreams. Whether you’re in the mood for something tropical, citrus-spiked, or bursting with berry brightness, we have a delicious frozen drink recipe featuring SLIQ’s alcohol ice pops to suit your sweet tooth, no matter the temperature outside.
When it comes to how to make slushies, you probably already know the most important thing you need. So break out the blender, put on your “Beach Don’t Kill My Vibe” playlist, and read on below for our favorite frozen fruit cocktail recipes. So break out the blender, put on your “Beach Don’t Kill My Vibe” playlist, and read on below for our favorite frozen fruit cocktail recipes.
#1 Spicy Watermelon Tequila Slushy
A welcome new addition to your at-home cocktail arsenal? A frozen fruit libation that’s not afraid to spice things up. Meet the Spicy Watermelon Tequila Slushy—guaranteed to keep you cool during the dog days of summer and bring the heat through the dead of winter.
In this spicy spin on a classic frozen Margarita, jalapeno adds a welcome intensity and compelling complexity to sweet, refreshing watermelon.
To get started making this skinny margarita, assemble the following ingredients, including some of SLIQ’s frozen margarita pops, and you’ll have almost everything you need to transform your kitchen into Cabo San Lucas:
- 1 cup frozen watermelon pieces (seedless)
- 1 ¼-inch thick jalapeno slice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 ounce Tequila Blanco
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Agave Classic Margarita Pop
- Crushed ice (as needed)
- Lime wedge (to garnish)
- Jalapeno slice (to garnish)
From there, it’s time to whip up this watermelon wonder:
- Combine ingredients – First, toss and pour all of the ingredients into your blender and mix. To achieve the perfect chill without sacrificing the kick, add the ice in small increments at first and increase the amount as needed.
- Pour and serve – When you’ve achieved your desired consistency, pour the mixture into your glass of choice (we love an oversized Margarita glass, but your favorite tumbler will do in a pinch) and garnish with a wedge of lime and jalapeno slice.
#2 The Miami Vice
If you believe that the only thing better than a frozen fruit cocktail is two frozen fruit cocktails, you’ll want to get to know the Miami Vice.
Forged by the occasionally lethal, always luxurious combination of two classic rum-based cocktails—the Piña Colada and the Strawberry Daiquiri—this creamy, indulgent classic cocktail feels just as essential at a book club as it does at the beach club (and yes, that includes the makeshift Club Maeva in your living room).
First concocted in the 1980s, the Miami Vice is a product of its time—as colorful, over the top, and high-spirited as a Jane Fonda workout tape.1 But this tempting cocktail has endured throughout the decades (unlike, say, the 80s television show that bears the same name).
Plus, the Miami Vice is refreshingly simple to make at home. All you’ll need is need your trusty blender, a Hurricane glass, and the following ingredients:
- 1 ounce of your favorite rum
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Rum Strawberry Daiquiri Pop
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Rum Coconut & Lime Daiquiri Pop
- Crushed ice (as needed)
- Pineapple slice (to garnish)
Assembling the Miami Vice is as easy as one-two-three:
- Make the strawberry mix – Combine half of the rum, the SLIQ Strawberry Daiquiri Pop, strawberries, lime juice, simple syrup, and crushed ice in your blender and mix until you reach a smooth consistency. Pour the mixture into the bottom of your Hurricane glass and place it in your freezer to chill.
- Concoct the colada – Clean out your blender, then add the rest of the rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice, SLIQ Coconut & Lime Daiquiri Pop, and ice as needed. Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Combine and serve – Fetch your Hurricane glass from the freezer and slowly pour the coconut mixture on top of the strawberry layer. Garnish with a pineapple slice and enjoy!
#3 Frozen Grapefruit Mimosa
Looking for the perfect cocktail to serve at your next brunch party? This Frozen Grapefruit Mimosa, featuring SLIQ’s vodka ice pops, makes a sparkling companion for any daytime fête.
Pared down and grown-up, this citrus vodka drink is part sparkle, part slushy, and wholly refreshing. With this sophisticated yet vibrant combination of flavors, the result is a decidedly elegant, slightly effervescent cocktail—a balanced, refined departure from jumbo-sized tiki drinks (and jumbo-sized sugar crashes).
Fancy serving up this boozy, fruity, spring vodka cocktail? Begin by gathering:
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Cranberry & Grapefruit Pop
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 cup prosecco
- Crushed ice (as needed)
With this all-star line-up assembled, the rest comes easily:
- Combine the good stuff – To make your frozen mimosa, simply combine the grapefruit juice, SLIQ Spirited Ice Vodka Cranberry & Grapefruit Pop, Aperol, and crushed ice in your blender and mix until you reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish and serve – Pour this mixture into a champagne glass or coupe glass, top with prosecco, and enjoy!
SLIQ—For Your New Favorite Fruit Cocktails
Whether you’re planning a tropical staycation or an at-home happy hour, we’re here to fulfill your frozen, fruity dreams.
Thanks to SLIQ Spirited Ice’s range of refreshing, fruit-forward alcohol ice pops, whipping up a batch of high-quality alcoholic drinks with frozen fruit at home has never been easier—or more delicious.
Ready to find your next favorite frozen fruit cocktail? Just pop on over.
- Liquor. Miami Vice. https://www.liquor.com/recipes/miami-vice/