After a long week, you want to kick back, relax, and enjoy some drinks with the people you love. Whether that means having friends over or spending a night with that special someone, frozen tequila drinks are a fun, even flirty, way to set the mood.
But are there any options beyond the classic frozen margarita recipe for blended tequila drinks?
#1 Frozen Tequila Sunrise
Did you know the tequila sunrise cocktail was invented in the 1970s and popularized by none other than Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger?1
Traditionally made using only three ingredients, the drink is left unmixed so that the colors slowly bleed into each other and evoke visions of a morning sunrise on the beach. But, since frozen drinks are all about blending the ingredients with ice, how do we maintain that stunning visual effect?
A tequila sunrise is a rather simple drink that relies on only a few ingredients. Thus, it’s the construction that makes it special.
All recipes serve two:2
- 2 ounces of orange juice
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- ½ tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Agave Mango Margarita Pops
- 2 ounces of grenadine
Since construction is so important to the visual appeal of this drink, it’s important to do everything in the correct order.
- Add your orange juice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and frozen margarita pops into your blender. Now, when it comes to how to make slushies, consistency is key. Start the blender on low to get things going, then turn up the speed gradually to get to that slush consistency you want. Remember, you can always add more ice if needed.
- Prepare your glasses by pouring one ounce of grenadine into the bottom of each.
- Slowly add your blended drink. Pro Tip: If you add the blended drink too quickly, it will combine with the grenadine and you’ll lose the sunrise effect. You can spoon in the drink to assure this doesn’t happen.
You worked hard to create something that will wow people with its looks, so don’t forget the finishing touches. Get some orange slices, maraschino cherries, and balled pieces of mango to complete your showstopper.
#2 Pink Frozen Margarita
Let’s be clear: there’s nothing wrong with a frozen margarita. It’s a classic for a reason. But with this pink frozen margarita recipe, you can put a spin on the classic and create something that’ll impress.
Don’t just grab your margarita mix. The key to a great margarita is fresh ingredients. This pink frozen strawberry margarita also adds a few other twists.
- 3 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Agave Strawberry Margarita Pops
- 1 ounce Campari
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces agave
Here’s an easier drink to construct than the frozen tequila sunrise. Simply place all your ingredients into your blender and blend until you reach the desired slushiness. Then divide it up between two glasses.3
You have a couple of options on how to complete this with a little artistic flair.
- Classic – You’ve already been adventurous by adding Campari and creating this spin on the margarita so if you want to go with a classic garnish, the traditional sliced lime wedge is a great, understated finish.
- Sweet and Sexy – On the other hand, you’ve gone this far. Why not finish things off with an added twist? A sliced, whole strawberry placed on the rim of each glass gives a sweet complement to the slight bitterness of the Campari. What’s more flirty than sweetness with a little bite to it?
#3 Frozen Bloody Maria
The best nights can sometimes flow into the best mornings. Whether you’re looking for a drink that will satisfy a morning guest or something perfect for your weekly brunch, this frozen bloody maria will start a day off right.
This will go over all the ingredients you need to make this from scratch, but if you’re looking for an easier option, you can always opt for the premade bloody mary mix of your choice.
- 4 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Agave Classic Margarita Pops
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 pinches celery salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
While that’s a lot of ingredients, once you have them all you have to do is put them in the blender and blend until ready.4
This is your show now. This tequila cocktail can take any number of garnishes including:
- Lime wedges
Choose your favorites, combine them, or add something new if you’d like. This drink is loaded, so garnish accordingly.
Frozen Agave Spirit with SLIQ
Hopefully, this has shown you there are fun, flirty options beyond just the classic frozen margarita recipe. And these are just some examples. The world of frozen cocktails (agave alcohol-based and otherwise) is expansive, just like our full offerings of alcohol freeze pops. So have some fun and get creative. And be sure to use our 100% Blue Agave frozen margarita pops as inspiration to put your spin on your next get-together.
For unending good times, SLIQ is your frozen dance partner.
- Liquor.com. Tequila Sunrise. https://www.liquor.com/recipes/tequila-sunrise/
- Delish. Frozen Tequila Sunrise Margarita. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28554448/frozen-tequila-sunrise-margarita-recipe/
- Liquor.com. Pink Frozen Margarita. https://www.liquor.com/recipes/pink-frozen-margarita/
- Vinepair. Four Frozen Tequila Cocktails to Make With Don Julio This Summer. https://vinepair.com/articles/4-best-frozen-tequila-cocktails/