Between the chocolate, the jellybeans, and the bunnies galore, Easter brings so much sweet splendor for kids to delight in. You have fields full of painted eggs and row upon row of tooth-achingly sweet, canary yellow Peeps for the kids—but what do Mom and Dad have to look forward to (other than stealing a few chocolate eggs for themselves)?
For adults, too, Easter can be a time of celebration and indulgence, especially because it provides the perfect occasion to craft festive springtime cocktails.
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect holiday libation, look no further. We’ve brought you our favorite Easter drink ideas featuring SLIQ’s alcohol ice pops below. Not only do they get top marks for taste and creativity, but they’ll also keep you busy while the kiddos hunt for eggs.
#1 Peep-a Colada
Here’s a creamy, dreamy concoction that’s bound to delight your favorite peeps. Borrowing its name from the classic Easter confection, the Peep-a Colada is every bit as indulgent as the nostalgic marshmallow treat and every bit as crowd-pleasing as the iconic rum-spiked cocktail.
If you’re eager to get your Easter party off to a hopping start with this frozen rum drink, begin by assembling the following ingredients:
- 1 ounce rum
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Rum Coconut & Lime Daiquiri Pop
- Crushed ice cubes (as needed)
- Whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1 Peep (to garnish)
From there, making your Peep-a-Colada is a walk in the park:
- Combine ingredients – Simply pour every ingredient, including the SLIQ Rum Ice Pop, into a blender and blend, adding ice a little bit at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Garnish and serve – Pour the mixture into a Hurricane glass and top with a dollop of whipped cream to resemble a nest. The whip cream is optional, but it does dress your drink up with an adorable add-on. Finally, place a Peep on top of the whipped cream “nest” and enjoy!
Tip: Up the ante on this indulgence this Easter by replacing the crushed ice in this cocktail with a small scoop of pineapple sherbert. Not only will this substitution increase tropical sweetness, but it will also lend a festive pop of color.
#2 The Jessica Rabbit
Somebunny told us that the surest way to get in the Easter spirit is with this garden-inspired cocktail. With bright, assertive flavors that smack of spring, we think they’re on to something.
Like the voluptuous cartoon character of the same name, the Jessica Rabbit cocktail is all about proportions: a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and all the way irresistible with its fiery orange, sumptuous display.
But this cocktail doesn’t depend on looks alone. It’s driven by flavor. Jalapeno gives a heady kick, while a splash of carrot juice evokes the freshness of the season, especially when partnered with an herbaceous cilantro garnish.
Vegetables? In a cocktail? Yup, it’s practically a healthy food.
And while the traditional Jessica Rabbit cocktails depend on a shot or two of tequila for their Easter punch recipe,1 we’re swapping in SLIQ’s Frozen Agave Margarita Ice Pops to give this Easter cocktail recipe a lighter, more premium chill.
Yes, you can have one at brunch. Yes, you can have another.
To make the Jessica Rabbit frozen tequila drink, first gather the following ingredients:
- 2 SLIQ Spirited Ice Agave Spirit Classic Margarita Pops
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces carrot juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 slices jalapeno
- Ice (as needed)
- 1 sprig cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 small breakfast radish (to garnish)
Next, get to crafting your cocktail:
- Muddle your ice pops – In this cocktail, alcoholic ice pops serve a dual purpose: playing the role of spirit and ice. To prepare them for their big moment, simply place them in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or mixing glass and crush them with a muddler until they break into small chunks (about the size of crushed ice). Then, transfer the pieces into a Collins glass, and stick the glass in the freezer.
- Shake it up – Take your cocktail shaker and add the Cointreau, carrot juice, orange juice, simple syrup, jalapeno, and ice. Shake until the drink is well-chilled (the shaker should feel cold to touch).
- Combine and serve – Remove the Collins glass from the freezer. Strain the contents of your cocktail shaker into the glass over the alcoholic ice pops. And for that final flair? Gussy up your drink in its Sunday best. Garnish your cocktail with a sprig of cilantro and a baby radish. Cheers to spring, to the holiday, and to finally enjoying those five servings of veggies!
#3 Strawberry Fields
Springtime? More like spritz time.
Herbaceous, tart, and in a perfect-for-Easter shade of pastel pink, this sweet little frozen fruit cocktail is not only easy on the eyes, but it’s also incredibly easy to make (like, a lot easier than decorating all those Easter eggs, thank goodness).
To start your spritz, simply assemble a handful of high-quality ingredients, including:
- 1/2 cup strawberry slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 SLIQ Spirited Ice Rum Strawberry Daiquiri Pop
- Sparkling rosé (add as much as you like!)
- Strawberries (to garnish)
- Mint sprig (to garnish)
Now, put the painted Easter egg aside to dry, and break out the mixology kit:
- Combine your tasty ingredients – In the bottom of a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, combine the strawberries, sugar, mint, and ice pop.
- Muddle away – Using a muddler and all of your upper body strength, crush the ingredients together until they’re broken up into small pieces and roughly combined.
- Mix it all together to serve – Scoop the mixture into the bottom of a large wine glass and top with sparkling rosé. Garnish with more mint and strawberries and enjoy responsibly (as in, don’t let the success of this cocktail go to your head; otherwise, you may not fit into your adorable Easter bonnet).
Celebrate with SLIQ
Whether you’re celebrating Easter or simply toasting to the sunnier days ahead, SLIQ alcohol ice pops make the perfect springtime companion. Keep our premium, fruit-flavored ice pops on hand to wow with an Easter alcoholic drink—or simply to bring to your next picnic, brunch gathering, or mixology moment.
No matter what flavor you choose, or which Easter-inspired recipe you decide to craft, we guarantee you’ll find yourself in a celebratory spirit.
- Liquor. Jessica Rabbit. https://www.liquor.com/recipes/jessica-rabbit/